Thursday, November 24, 2011

Food For Thought - 7 Foods So Unsafe Farmers Won't Eat Them

Here is some food for thought. I read an article a few days ago and thought about posting it here. I didn't at first because it's not a recipe - which, so far, all of my posts have been. But I have found myself thinking about it a lot since so I have decided to start a new section of my blog for information that I think could be helpful for others.

This article is titled "7 Foods So Unsafe Farmers Won't Eat Them". And although it is more than a year old, I believe the information is still pertinent. The foods it lists are:

1. Canned Tomatoes
2. Corn-Fed Beef
3. Microwave Popcorn
4. Conventionally Grown (Not Organic) Potatoes
5. Farmed Salmon
6. Milk Produced With Artificial Hormones
7. Conventional Apples

I already can't eat the majority of foods listed here, but this article has still made me think about my food. Please click on the link above to read the full article. I hope you find it helpful and incorporate some of the suggestions into your diet.


-Sheena

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Canned tomatoes?! I cook with organic canned tomatoes all the time. Guess I'm going to have to re-think my pantry. Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rebecca, I KNOW! I was surprised by that one too. You may want to check the brand you buy - I know that some organic products are packaged in BPA-Free cans.

    ReplyDelete